What is Business Intelligence?
Business intelligence, or BI, is an umbrella term that refers to a variety of software applications used to analyze an organization’s raw data. BI as a discipline is made up of several related activities, including data mining, online analytical processing, querying and reporting.
Companies use BI to improve decision making, cut costs and identify new business opportunities. BI is more than just corporate reporting and more than a set of tools to coax data out of enterprise systems. CIOs use BI to identify inefficient business processes that are ripe for re-engineering.
With today’s BI tools, business folks can jump in and start analyzing data themselves, rather than wait for IT to run complex reports. This democratization of information access helps users back up—with hard numbers—business decisions that would otherwise be based only on gut feelings and anecdotes.
How can BI help?
Oracle Business Intelligence is a comprehensive business intelligence platform that delivers a full range of capabilities - including interactive dashboards, ad hoc queries, notifications and alerts, enterprise and financial reporting, scorecard and strategy management, business process invocation, search and collaboration, mobile, integrated systems management and more. OBIEE 11g is based on a proven web service-oriented unified architecture that integrates with an organization’s existing information technology (IT) infrastructure for the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) and highest return on investment (ROI).
• Provides fully interactive dashboards and reports with a rich variety of visualizations.
• Enables business users to create new analyses from scratch or modify existing analyses without any help from IT.
• Allows the creation of highly formatted templates, reports, and documents such as flash reports, checks, and more.
• Provides a powerful, near-real- time, multi-step alert engine that can trigger workflows based on business events and notify stakeholders via their preferred medium and channel.
• Turns insights into actions by providing the ability to invoke business processes from within the business intelligence dashboards and reports.
• Enables users to embed up-to-the-minute corporate data in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel documents.
• Allows users to visualize their analytics data using maps, bringing the intuitiveness of spatial visualizations to the world of business intelligence.
Lago Zurich 219
Torre 3 | Piso 12
Col. Amp. Granada
Del. Miguel Hidalgo
C.P. 11529, Mexico, D.F.
Tel. (55) 41 24 00 74 / 75
H. Colegio Militar 4709
Nivel 4 | Local 1
Col. Nombre de Dios
C.P. 31130, Chihuahua, Chih.
Tel. (614) 424 52 10
Bolsa de Trabajo